You will need to have downloaded
- Real player basic, Free from here http://uk.real.com/player/win/
- A conversion program, I use Videora ipod converter, free from here http://www.videora.com/en-us/Converter/iPod/
- Quicktime Pro ( pro is a £20 update to Quicktime that you can upgrade to from apple)
- some sticky back plastic (UK joke)
- Find a cool ashtanga movie you want to study on YouTube. I'm going to use one of my own.
- When you start to play it on youtube a little real player download tab will pop up on the top left hand corner. click on that to download the video.
- Once it's downloaded open Videora ipod converter and convert the video for your ipod which puts it into quicktime. Here's how
- Open Videora, click Convert, then click video file. click normal mode when the big box opens.
- In the Step 1 box Select the file you downloaded (should be in a file real downloads in your documents file).
- In Step 2 select a file to store it perhaps click make new folder and have it on your desktop. then click on the orange box above that says Next.
- Change the title if you want or just click Next again.
- Dont worry about changing the video settings just click Next again which brings up a box Final step Click start converting.
- You can click on view conversion progress if you like. finally close Videora
- Open the folder you made to store the video on your desktop and there it is converted to Quicktime. (It will automatically have put it in your itunes movie playlist too, ready for putting on your ipod. )
- finally go to my previous post converting videos to Slow motion to turn it into a low motion version.
....if you want in on the joke here's how to make Thunderbirds Tracy island from toilet rolls and sticky back plastic. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auiP1YdelEo fast forward to 2;29