from Kalama sutra, translation from the Pali by Bhikkhu Bodhi

This blog included. "So, as I said, Kalamas: 'Don't go by reports, by legends, by traditions, by scripture, by logical conjecture, by inference, by analogies, by agreement through pondering views, by probability, or by the thought, "This contemplative is our teacher." When you know for yourselves that, "These qualities are unskillful; these qualities are blameworthy; these qualities are criticized by the wise; these qualities, when adopted & carried out, lead to harm & to suffering" — then you should abandon them.' Thus was it said. And in reference to this was it said.

"Now, Kalamas, don't go by reports, by legends, by traditions, by scripture, by logical conjecture, by inference, by analogies, by agreement through pondering views, by probability, or by the thought, 'This contemplative is our teacher.' When you know for yourselves that, 'These qualities are skillful; these qualities are blameless; these qualities are praised by the wise; these qualities, when adopted & carried out, lead to welfare & to happiness' — then you should enter & remain in them. Buddha - Kalama Sutta

Saturday, 12 December 2009

Sweaty Pasasana

Good days bad days when it comes to Pasasana. the bad days I've always written off as being two sweaty. Not my fault that my arm slides off my knee.
Tuesday however, the Epsom salt practice day, I reached Pasasana after most of Primary and was in seriously sweaty Ashtangi territory. Sweaty as I was, I managed to stay in the noose, must have been deeper, lower into the twist somehow. Didn't manage to bind as far up the wrist as usual but was happy with it, though not with losing the excuse.

Before you say, I know, should be left side first. I'm doing it the old Swenson way. I changed for a while but seem to have slipped back into old habits.


Key for me is getting my shoulder as low down past the knee as possible and then wrapping my forearm around my leg and really pressing into the side of the leg while pushing my leg out against my arm, this seems to give me the stability to work into the bind.

4 comments:

  1. I tried to leave a comment twice on youtube but it didn't seem to work. Nice tho~

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Grimmly
    wow, nice that your feet stay flat on the floor. i wander if living in Japan prepared you that, like maybe you had to sit a lot on the floor to have tea.
    cheers,
    Arturo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw that Boodi, thanks for that, it's why I posted this version with both sides. I have comment moderation on Youtube whih is why they didn't show up right away.
    Probably more the Squat Loo's in the stations rather than the romantic image of tea houses Arturo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHAHAHA! Squatting loos are popping up all over the blog world! ;p Great if it gives a nice Pasasana like yours. ;p

    ReplyDelete

Print

Creative Commons License
Ashtanga Vinyasa yoga at home by Anthony Grim Hall is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://grimmly2007.blogspot.co.uk/.