This got me to thinking. At the end of a hot sweaty Ashtanga practice I really don't want to sit on my nice zafu to meditate. I used to try and find a dry part of the towel and put it under that but an equa bolster, there's an idea.
In the picture it looked pretty small a kind of square zafu thinks I. No, it's huge, basically the width of the mat, heck there's room for two rotund monks to comfortably side by side sharing the moss.
It works though, as a zafu and being equa you can rinse it in the shower and it's dry by the evening sit, perfect.
Ashtangi's don't know what the heck to do with bolsters I swear. I need an Iyengar version of Claudia to tell me thirty-two things to do with a bolster. I came up with five.
1. An easy clean quick drying zafu for meditation.
2. A bolster for Solo Supta Vajrasana, although I think a round one works better.
3. A futon substitute for dropping back ( see THIS post )
4. A pillow for Savasana? grabbing at straws here
5. A nice firm pillow for sitting up in bed on a Sunday morning with the times.