from Kalama sutra, translation from the Pali by Bhikkhu Bodhi

This blog included. "So, as I said, Kalamas: 'Don't go by reports, by legends, by traditions, by scripture, by logical conjecture, by inference, by analogies, by agreement through pondering views, by probability, or by the thought, "This contemplative is our teacher." When you know for yourselves that, "These qualities are unskillful; these qualities are blameworthy; these qualities are criticized by the wise; these qualities, when adopted & carried out, lead to harm & to suffering" — then you should abandon them.' Thus was it said. And in reference to this was it said.

"Now, Kalamas, don't go by reports, by legends, by traditions, by scripture, by logical conjecture, by inference, by analogies, by agreement through pondering views, by probability, or by the thought, 'This contemplative is our teacher.' When you know for yourselves that, 'These qualities are skillful; these qualities are blameless; these qualities are praised by the wise; these qualities, when adopted & carried out, lead to welfare & to happiness' — then you should enter & remain in them. Buddha - Kalama Sutta

Sunday, 18 September 2011

Mysore sandal soap

M brought me back some Mysore sandal soap from Brick lane yesterday.

I like it..... a lot, forgotten about real soap, so used to all the cream soap dispensers.

Whole house smells of Sandalwood though.









Fresh bagels from the Brick lane beigel bakery too ( open 24 hours), thanks M.


btw not so EX an Ashtangi this morning.

4 comments:

  1. "btw not so EX an Ashtangi this morning."

    Hehe, witnessing your relationship (or lack thereof) with Ashtanga is like watching a Mexican soap opera. I know Vinyasa Krama will treat you right, but I can't help but root for crusty old Ashtanga to win your heart in the end. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Claudia, can you manage to smell it without smiling.

    It was virabhadrasana Megan ( my standing sequence is usually ashtangaish but i tend to skip Warrior, this morning i included it ), I'm like one of Pavlov's dogs, warrior the trigger, before I knew it I was in Paschi and then jumping back and on it went like I was on autopilot or in a west end farce, one cliche leading to the next.
    I prefer to think of it as a spaghetti western, my soul a gun for hire, gonna cut me a hole in the middle of my equa towel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant! Mexican soap opera....chuckle. Love it. Was using the incense for a while, but didn't work in a small japanese house. Made for airy cracks round the windows indian houses. I still cherish the sandal wood oil I traipsed all the way to the factory for ; )

    ReplyDelete

Print

Creative Commons License
Ashtanga Vinyasa yoga at home by Anthony Grim Hall is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://grimmly2007.blogspot.co.uk/.