- Stretch up out of the pelvis
- As with the forward bends in the On the feet subroutines this posture is all about the hips. Think more about bringing the hips over and down.
- Keep the feet facing forward to protect the knees
- Engage mula bandha for stability, visualise a weight on a chain dropping to the mat from your perineum. as you take your hips over imaging your mull bandha and uddiyana bandha trying to raise the weight, pulling up on the chain as you bring your hips over.
- Stick your backside out/back
- Draw in your uddiyana bandha, your belly back and up to give more room for the final fold as your head reaches the mat between your feet.
- Engage the bandhas before raising back up on the inhalation
- Don't rush it, take a tip from the earlier subroutines, enter the pose hands to the floor on the exhalation and come up on the inhalation , then go a little deeper with each breath.
- Try it with the wall a foot behind you so you know you won't topple backwards.
NB: These are practice notes that will be tidied up and put into the new edition of my Vinyasa Yoga Practice Book along with the current sequences and subroutines. The book can be freely downloadedHERE. There is a page on Facebook HERE with all the latest sheets and updates. This book is in no way a substitute for Ramaswami's Complete Book of Vinyasa Yoga.