from Kalama sutra, translation from the Pali by Bhikkhu Bodhi

This blog included. "So, as I said, Kalamas: 'Don't go by reports, by legends, by traditions, by scripture, by logical conjecture, by inference, by analogies, by agreement through pondering views, by probability, or by the thought, "This contemplative is our teacher." When you know for yourselves that, "These qualities are unskillful; these qualities are blameworthy; these qualities are criticized by the wise; these qualities, when adopted & carried out, lead to harm & to suffering" — then you should abandon them.' Thus was it said. And in reference to this was it said.

"Now, Kalamas, don't go by reports, by legends, by traditions, by scripture, by logical conjecture, by inference, by analogies, by agreement through pondering views, by probability, or by the thought, 'This contemplative is our teacher.' When you know for yourselves that, 'These qualities are skillful; these qualities are blameless; these qualities are praised by the wise; these qualities, when adopted & carried out, lead to welfare & to happiness' — then you should enter & remain in them. Buddha - Kalama Sutta

Tuesday, 3 April 2012

Mr T does Yoga .....and Pranayama


Claudia doesn't know about Mr T.

How can anyone NOT know who Mr T is.

The A- Team*, Rocky 3......the A-Team.

(Claudia, Mr -T comes up around 1:00 in the video below)


She posted on the fool  in tarot over at her place, Shakespeare and Mr T came to mind, obviously.

I just spent the last twenty minutes trying to find an example of  Mr T saying "I pity the fool" on the A- Team, didn't he say it every week?


Seems not, however......... I did find this



* my mother, she made us watch it, think she had a crush on Col. John "Hannibal" Smith  (George Peppard) poor George, long way from Breakfast at Tiffany's

4 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, Grimmly, this brings back so many childhood memories of sitting in front of the TV and hearing the A-Team theme song playing... thanks for posting this :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, you did mean the Mr T I first thought of, you did go there indeed.... This also brings childhood memories for me although in mine Mr T speaks Spanish...so yes now I fully agree the archetype of the fool indeed

    ReplyDelete
  3. Added the opening credits just for you Noble

    Love the thought of Mr T is Spanish, and that you watched it too. Wonderfully terrible show, do you remember that nobody died, cars would blow up a 1000 foot in the air and yet the bad guys always walked away dazed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember soooo little, but I do remember how ridiculous Mr T was, my little brother and I would make fun of him all the time, and I am sure it is hilarious in Spanish... funny how all of that happened and nobody died, I dont think I can watch one episode just for memory's sake, I fear it might disrupt my neurological paths of intelligence...

    ReplyDelete

Print

Creative Commons License
Ashtanga Vinyasa yoga at home by Anthony Grim Hall is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://grimmly2007.blogspot.co.uk/.